NAPRA predicates itself to be a fun league. yes, their is competition. cheating is not needed as we do not give away ranger boats and trips to cancun. so, here are some rules to peruse....
NAPRA SUMMIT 2021
The following rules were adopted by the NAPRA Executive Board on January 31, 2021. These rules will take affect until the conclusion of the 2021 season and reviewed and revised if need be at the 2022 NAPRA Summit…
RULES ~~ Let’s discuss and finalize/ I have rationale for each one
ADM SET UP:
4 positions with equal voting on add major NAPRA decisions. All members get a vote with CEO getting 2 votes. All votes must be 4-1 or 5-0 to pass on expulsion hearings
2. Duties of Board-
CEO Handles schedule, sponsors, events
PRESIDENT Runs Elite/ final say on event moves
VP In charge of rules/ Updates anglers via social media
EVENTS Scores Elite events/ In charge of maps/ Runs Ohio Series
We will have a treasurer (Amy Ziehler) and a Store Manager (Gabby Ziehler). They do not receive votes.
3. Set up for season agreed upon for 3 year cycle ending post 2022 season-
- 7 regular season events with 1 post season events
- 2 exhibition events (First Cast and Myeloma Mash details March 1, 2021)
- Events will run 730-12 with 1205 weigh in / Event #6 will run 630am to 11am
- Events must run 2 1/2 hours to count. Weather issues warrant 30-minute pause. If in last 45 minutes a pause is required, the event is over if the 2 1/2 hours have commenced. The CEO has final say on all weather issues.
- Anglers must use a marking device for their fish. They must take a picture of any fish over 12". Post season warrants any fish over 10". Anglers must have band of them in parking lot presented before any fish pictures. Any fish 8" or greater scores.
- No live bait
- Bass only unless you catch a trout. They will "magically" transfer as bass
4. Scoring of events-
- Anglers will track their 5 biggest fish (minimum 8")
- Prizes for top 5 anglers
- Points awarded will be 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91 for top 10. 75 pts for 11th on unless skunked. Skunked anglers will receive 60 points as long as they fish.
- All anglers must fish 6 of 7 events (#7 mandatory barring emergency cleared by NAPRA President)
-Top 5 during the season receive the following bonus options for the Wade War. They must declare their bonus choice before the event
1st place- +3"or 15 minutes extra
2nd place +2" or 15 minutes extra
3rd-4th pace +1" or 15 minutes extra
5th place. +1"
- Bonuses for placing will be towards AOY and ROY. See below....
- AOY and ROY points based on Total Inches and bonuses given through event #7
-Bonuses given during the season: 1st place finish (+15) 2nd place (+10) 3rd place (+7) and 4th (+5)/ Big Bass (+2) and if you fish all 7 events you get a +10 bonus
-The Wade War will be winner take all!
- Anglers must fish 6 events to be eligible for the playoffs including #7 UNLESS an emergency. If you can't fish #7 you will be placed in last place. It messes up points awarded for ROY, AOY, etc.
-Anglers may not prefish spots after Thursday at 12noon. If you feel you must prefish multiple days, the competitiveness is taking over and this league may not be for you. NAPRA CEO Pete Ziehler pre-fishes (prior to cut off) often for the purpose of checking river conditions out.
- Final decision on moving/cancelling events will be made by the President and seconded by the Event Director. If either feels the water or temperature warrants a move it will be posted by 6pm Saturday. With storms often rolling in Saturday night a move may happen at the spur of the moment. Be flexible and have phones on by 530am..
5. Conduct rules:
- Anglers must be ready for the morning meeting at 715. We will release anglers to fish about 728. We will fish ALL the same spot with a few possible alternate spots. Fishing will be 730 to 12 for all events but #5. That will be 630-11....
-No drugs, alcohol, etc. allowed before, during or after events. Failure to comply will result in a 2-event suspension.
-Anglers will not get in each other’s way or take spots that may hold fish in case the angler needs to move to score fish. Ask for permission to fish same areas. Failure to do so will result in a 20" deduction from your total. The Rules Director will have final say. If this infraction involves the RD it will go to President for final say. If it involves both it will go to the CEO to make the final decision.
-Anglers must fish the entire event and not leave barring a family emergency or illness. If you leave you will receive 50 pts. If the angler leaves #7 early their pts can NOT put them in a first place clinching situation.
-Failure to produce pictures of fish or cheating in the process will result in IMMEDIATE removal from the league and backpay of the value of prizes given to you. Reminder, if you want a Ranger Boat join the FLW
-Have fun! This is for fun!
* This is fun first. If you wish to be a pain, please remove yourself prior to embarrassing your credibility as an angler.