NAPRA is about to start its 14th year with a goal to get folks together to compete, comrade, and conserve over the greatest sport their is... fishing...
Man, its been a great ride and makes me think of so many memories as I have seen dozens of anglers come and go. Here, in any particular order are 14 memories to commemorate our 14 years of existence..
* Meeting Mike Baker in 2006 and forming our league. Our first outing I was of course outdueled but did manage a 36" carp on a rod with no drag. What a rush!
* Our first Super Wade. Unbelievable format that is now the league standard.
* The time we caught 400+ trout in 5 hours in Mio, Michigan.
* Seeing anglers perfect their craft and have personal pride in their growth in abilities.
* Our sponsors. That simple is a great memory.
* The many many packages of great prizes that have littered NAPRA Central.
* The sincere thanks I have gotten from parents in instilling the art of fishing in their kids at our various kids events.
* Being able to speak to a room of government dignitaries about the growth of our industry and they actually listen!
* Karl Halley. Why him as a great memory. His ability to kick everyone's butt is instilled in my soul!
* Fishing in a post hurricane rain storm in Waynesville in 2008. 3" of rain in the final 90 minutes. The fish kept biting!
* The bond of our members through sickness, death, and personal tragedies.
* The first cast of an event. The escape mentally from life never gets old.
* The support of the NAPRA nation when my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Tears me up to write that now as I can't every thank they guys for their support.
* The countless hours of being talked off a ledge by NAPRA Executive for life Peg Halley.
* Lastly, a 15th memory.... Seeing this little league become what it has. I can't thank my sponsors enough for all their help
Pete Ziehler, NAPRA Founder.