NAPRA predicates itself to be a fun league. yes, their is competition. cheating is not needed as we do not give away ranger boats and trips to cancun. so, here are some rules to peruse....
NAPRA SUMMIT 2021
The following rules were adopted by the NAPRA Executive Board on January 31, 2021. These rules will take affect until the conclusion of the 2021 season and reviewed and revised if need be at the 2022 NAPRA Summit…
CEO Pete Ziehler Handles schedule, sponsors, events
PRESIDENT Marvin Reynolds Runs Elite/ final say on event moves
VP Travis Lakes In charge of rules/ Updates anglers via social media
EVENTS David Craig Scores Elite events/ In charge of maps/ Runs Ohio Series
SETUP FOR 2021:
Elite 7 events which will conclude with the annual Wade War
Ohio Series 5 events in 2 “zones” with a conclusion at the inaugural Capital Cup
BUDGET: Roughly $1600 collected in fees/ $1600 out / No profit by design
~ NAPRA will maintain a charity fund for a to be determined charity
PRIZES: Roughly 320 to 350 items spread out
$1500 2020 and past carry over (No plan on touching)
Elite Title~ Lee’s
Ohio Series~ White Castle, Rod Bender
Major Sponsors~ Big hammer, Pro Cure, Fish Quarters, TideWe®
Stopper, Frisch’s, and Frickers
Lost~ Maniac (Out of business), Shaeff’s (same) SDL($$)
Ohio Series~ I-70 divider/ Kinda a farce but sets up divisions
Capital Cup~ Big Darby Prairie Oaks (London)
Elite~ Vote on the locations w/ exception of Wade War
# WEIGH IN SITE ADDITIONAL SPOTS
1 Piqua Locke 9 Ferrington, 25A Water plant
2 Twin Creek Carmondy Chamberlain Access
3 Mill Creek Schwartkoff Park TBD
4* GMR Route 66 Piqua Locke 9
5 Twin Creek kercher Cherry, Dam, 725, 123
6 LMR Roxanna Burlington Corwin access pts, Constitution
7 Stillwater Horseshoe Penny Road
RULES ~~ Let’s discuss and finalize/ I have rationale for each one
ADM SET UP:
4 positions with equal voting on add major NAPRA decisions. All members get a vote with CEO getting 2 votes. All votes must be 4-1 or 5-0 to pass on expulsion hearings
2. Duties of Board-
CEO Handles schedule, sponsors, events
PRESIDENT Runs Elite/ final say on event moves
VP In charge of rules/ Updates anglers via social media
EVENTS Scores Elite events/ In charge of maps/ Runs Ohio Series
We will have a treasurer (Amy Ziehler) and a Store Manager (Gabby Ziehler). They do not receive votes.
3. Set up for season agreed upon for 3 year cycle ending post 2022 season-
- 7 regular season events with 1 post season events
- 2 exhibition events (First Cast and Myeloma Mash details March 1, 2021)
- Events will run 730-12 with 1205 weigh in / Event #6 will run 630am to 11am
- Events must run 2 1/2 hours to count. Weather issues warrant 30-minute pause. If in last 45 minutes a pause is required, the event is over if the 2 1/2 hours have commenced. The CEO has final say on all weather issues.
- Anglers must use a marking device for their fish. They must take a picture of any fish over 12". Post season warrants any fish over 10". Anglers must have band of them in parking lot presented before any fish pictures. Any fish 8" or greater scores.
- No live bait
- Bass only unless you catch a trout. They will "magically" transfer as bass
4. Scoring of events-
- Anglers will track their 5 biggest fish (minimum 8")
- Prizes for top 5 anglers
- Points awarded will be 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91 for top 10. 75 pts for 11th on unless skunked. Skunked anglers will receive 60 points as long as they fish.
- All anglers must fish 6 of 7 events (#7 mandatory barring emergency cleared by NAPRA President)
-Top 5 during the season receive the following bonus options for the Wade War. They must declare their bonus choice before the event
1st place- +3"or 15 minutes extra
2nd place +2" or 15 minutes extra
3rd-4th pace +1" or 15 minutes extra
5th place. +1"
- Bonuses for placing will be towards AOY and ROY. See below....
- AOY and ROY points based on Total Inches and bonuses given through event #7
-Bonuses given during the season: 1st place finish (+15) 2nd place (+10) 3rd place (+7) and 4th (+5)/ Big Bass (+2) and if you fish all 7 events you get a +10 bonus
-The Wade War will be winner take all!
- Anglers must fish 6 events to be eligible for the playoffs including #7 UNLESS an emergency. If you can't fish #7 you will be placed in last place. It messes up points awarded for ROY, AOY, etc.
-Anglers may not prefish spots after Thursday at 12noon. If you feel you must prefish multiple days, the competitiveness is taking over and this league may not be for you. NAPRA CEO Pete Ziehler pre-fishes (prior to cut off) often for the purpose of checking river conditions out.
- Final decision on moving/cancelling events will be made by the President and seconded by the Event Director. If either feels the water or temperature warrants a move it will be posted by 6pm Saturday. With storms often rolling in Saturday night a move may happen at the spur of the moment. Be flexible and have phones on by 530am..
5. Conduct rules:
- Anglers must be ready for the morning meeting at 715. We will release anglers to fish about 728. We will fish ALL the same spot with a few possible alternate spots. Fishing will be 730 to 12 for all events but #5. That will be 630-11....
-No drugs, alcohol, etc. allowed before, during or after events. Failure to comply will result in a 2-event suspension.
-Anglers will not get in each other’s way or take spots that may hold fish in case the angler needs to move to score fish. Ask for permission to fish same areas. Failure to do so will result in a 20" deduction from your total. The Rules Director will have final say. If this infraction involves the RD it will go to President for final say. If it involves both it will go to the CEO to make the final decision.
-Anglers must fish the entire event and not leave barring a family emergency or illness. If you leave you will receive 50 pts. If the angler leaves #7 early their pts can NOT put them in a first place clinching situation.
-Failure to produce pictures of fish or cheating in the process will result in IMMEDIATE removal from the league and backpay of the value of prizes given to you. Reminder, if you want a Ranger Boat join the FLW
-Have fun! This is for fun!
* This is fun first. If you wish to be a pain, please remove yourself prior to embarrassing your credibility as an angler.
PRO-AM TRAIL RULES-
*** ANGLERS WILL COMPETE IN ONE OF THIER 2 ASSIGNED HOME DIVISIONS. THEY WILL BE GIVEN FRIDAY AT 12NOON TO SUNDAY AT 12NOON TO RECORD THEIR 5 BIGGEST BASS. THIS INCLUDES STRIPPED, ROCK, WHITE, LARGE AND SMALLMOUTH BASS.
*** ANGLERS WILL SUBMIT THIER PICS BY 1PM TO THE NAPRA HOME OFFICE AT THE TBA PROCESS. NO EXCEPTIONS
*** ANGLERS WILL TRACK THEIR 3 BIGGEST FISH WITH 2 ADDITIONAL FISH USED AS TIEBREAKERS
*** SCORING WILL BE 50, 45, 43, 42, 41 FOR TOP 5/ 30 FOR 6TH PLACE TO LAST ANGLER AND 25 PTS FOR BEING SKUNKED
*** THE TOP 6 ANGLERS PER ZONE WILL ADVANCE TO THE CAPITAL CUP TO BE HELD IN COLUMBUS. ONE ADDITIONAL ANGLER WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED BY THE "ENTIRE" FIELD AS NOMINATED BY NAPRA CEO PETE ZIEHLER TO ALSO JOIN THE EVENT
*** NO LIVE BAIT AND ANGLERS MUST NOT FISH THE SAME SPOT MORE THAN ONCE PER EVENT. THIS MEANS YOU CAN'T GO TO, FOR EXAMPLE THE LMR AT THE NARROWS EACH EVENT. PLEASE FIND NEW WATERS
*** A BONUS OF 2 PTS TOWARDS AOY WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANYTIME YOU FISH WITH ANOTHER ANGLERS FROM THE PRO-AM TRAIL. THIS MUST BE PROVIDED A PHOTOGRAPH
*** ANGLERS MUST HAVE THE CODE PRESENTED IN THEIR FISH PICS OR A SHOT OF THEM FISHING. WITH IT BEING PRESENTED THE WEEKEND OF FISHING IT CAN'T BE USED IN ADVANCE
*** THIS IS NOT THE FLW. HAVE FUN
*** TOP ANGLERS IN EACH ZONE WILL RECEIVE A PRIZE EACH EVENT WITH 1 RANDOM ANGLER IN THE ENTIRE FIELD RECEIVING A SPECIAL PRIZE
*** DIVISION BONUS and AOY BONUS
1) Division winner based on total Pts earned, bonus of +5, +3, and +2 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishes, +1 for big bass, and +2 bonus for fishing with a buddy. MAXIMUM use for buddy is 2x...
2) The AOY will be which angler of the division winners that have the most points...